Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D and DUK
I owned D and enjoyed 5 years of fast dividend growth (9% on the average, as I recall. I sold it on the news of the dividend cut.

I currently have a bit over a half weight position in DUK.

I am considering selling all the DUK I own (2.2% of portfolio) and replacing it with D.

DUK 5 year DGR is 3%, most recent was 2.1%.

D's most recent is 6%. Here is a bit from the Simply Safe Dividend note when D was upgraded back into the Safe range

"By focusing on its higher-growth utility businesses and clean energy investments, Dominion expects to deliver long-term earnings and dividend growth rates of 6.5% and 6%, respectively. "

Double the dividend growth, reasonably close to the same yield, DUK's is 3.82%, D's is 3.48%.

I think it would be a move that would strengthen our portfolios dividend growth, and move those dollars into the range of my goal of moving toward mid-yield companies with dividend growth in the average to very fast range - 5% to 12%+.
Executed my plan this morning, sold all DUK, replaced with D
(12-20-2021, 10:14 AM)rnsmth Wrote: Executed my plan this morning, sold all DUK, replaced with D

I think that's a reasonable plan. Give up a little yield now, but I think D will give a bit more growth going forward.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha