Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ron's portfolio in retirement
The week in Ron's Dividend Land

I have been a bit under the weather this week, so I am going to get this done and then take a morning nap. I am getting better, but apparently can't rush it or will my body to get over it right now.

Dividends received: AMGN and JNJ

Shares purchased, SCHD and GLW

Dividend increases announced: VZ and PBA (this one unexpected).

A pretty good week. I continue my practice of taking accumulated dividends, some from high yield companies like VZ and PBA, and put them to work in mid-yield fast and very fast dividend growth companies. Seems to be working all right.

I gave a thought to selling the rest of our about .65 weight position in KMI and putting the proceeds into PBA and ENB, but have chosen not to at this time. KMI has become a steady Eddy and I expect that (like ENB) it will get its dividend safety score upgraded in the next year or two.

Also gave some thought to trimming the overweight WEC and using the proceeds to start a position in MDT, but have not made a decision on that yet.

Of my more recent positions that I have been building, here is where I am so far:

AMGN is now a .65 weight position
GLW has reached a .76 weight position
RY is a .69 weight position
TROW is a .75 weight position and
SCHD is a 2.58 weight position.

The other 4 would have grown more rapidly if SCHD had not been such a good deal over the past year.

That is it for now.
The Week in Ron's Dividend Land

Received divvys/distributions from D, EVRG, NIE and LMT

Used accumulated dividends to buy TROW, SCHD and GLW.

Another new record in estimated dividend/distribution income over the next year.

September is one of our largest portfolio income months. Next week we will get about half of our month's income.

Pretty sure I will be buying some more SCHD. Right now the yield point is 3.65%. With a 5 year DGR of 12%, it is worth looking at IF you have considered it and have some cash available.
I look at it and yes it’s a nice div but I believe the next 12 months will get even better as the Fed cranks up rates and the economy cools.

I’m saving my pennys! Still buying normally in 401k however to lower cost basis. 6 years 3 months to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I started a position in SCHD this week. I had too much cash and it seems like one of the more conservative choices right now. Some individual stocks usually get hammered in a recession. SCHD will be a smoother ride. It's a long game but that doesn't mean I like to see my capital bleed quickly. Even if it's (only on paper). Less volatility suits me and SCHD provides that.