Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quotes of the day - Phillip Fisher
Quotes of the day - Phillip Fisher

"Usually a very long list of securities is not a sign of the brilliant investor, but of one who is unsure of himself"

"Buying a company without having sufficient knowledge of it may be even more dangerous than having inadequate diversification".

"The disadvantage of having eggs in so many baskets that a lot of eggs do not end up in really attractive baskets, and it is impossible to keep watching all the baskets after the eggs are put in".

"It is not the profit margins of the past but those of the future that are basically important to the investor"

"What is most important is that stocks are not bought in companies where the dividend pay-out is so emphasized that it restricts realizable growth".

All enjoy the rest of your day,

Scoot
(02-07-2022, 03:13 PM)Scooterd Wrote: Quotes of the day - Phillip Fisher

"Usually a very long list of securities is not a sign of the brilliant investor, but of one who is unsure of himself"

"Buying a company without having sufficient knowledge of it may be even more dangerous than having inadequate diversification".

"The disadvantage of having eggs in so many baskets that a lot of eggs do not end up in really attractive baskets, and it is impossible to keep watching all the baskets after the eggs are put in".

"It is not the profit margins of the past but those of the future that are basically important to the investor"

"What is most important is that stocks are not bought in companies where the dividend pay-out is so emphasized that it restricts realizable growth".

All enjoy the rest of your day,

Scoot
More fightin' words from Brother Scoot.  Smile  

The bold portion is where I found the biggest problem.  At 50 stocks I was buying stocks with fleas because they had a good yield. Many of them had a good yield because they in fact had fleas.  A good bear market is very efficient at showing you which ones were not being watched close enough.

I'm not going to tell somebody how many stocks they must own, but the answer clearly isn't 100.