• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
government bonds
https://www.treasurydirect.gov/

some might find this site valuable

my buddy found a government bond paying 9%
https://www.treasurydirect.gov/indiv/res...s_ibuy.htm

here it is

it's 9.62%
Thanks. I am pretending bonds don't exist for a few more rate hikes and then I need to start planning my entry. Seems safer to just keep a little cash for a few more months. I think some of my oil profits are headed to bonds, once the yield is high enough for them to act like bonds. They were not a good hedge this time which wasn't hard to predict.
(05-13-2022, 04:48 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Thanks.  I am pretending bonds don't exist for a few more rate hikes and then I need to start planning my entry.  Seems safer to just keep a little cash for a few more months.  I think some of my oil profits are headed to bonds, once the yield is high enough for them to act like bonds.  They were not a good hedge this time which wasn't hard to predict.

fenders, i figured this site would be useful for your research that you do

my buddy that just retired a week ago, he's with LPL and she said not yet with bonds but maybe soon

right now he's cash, 35% growth and 65% value

he owns 35 to 40 stocks and i'm not sure how many MF's/ETF's

the friend that found this bond yielding 9.62% has been retired since 2005 and self manages--he went through several FA's and the kicker was when he let a 30K investment drop down to practically nothing and the FA's response was it happens--fired him on the spot and has been self managing ever since--he does meet with a fee only FA once every one or two years to go over everything--even though he took full control he's been very very involved with his FA's, even though the last one slipped by him

a lot of people think having a FA makes one immune to mistakes
I regret ignoring inflation protected Gov bonds. I got used to the past 30+ years. And I have met some less than amazing financial advisors. Too many of them are just ETF salesmen.