Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on tech...
I'd like one more stock to round out the Tech allocation of my portfolio. I was originally thinking to add Cisco CSCO, which is attractively priced now, however Oracle ORCL and Qualcomm QCOM seem like strong choices as well (though both are fairly valued at the moment).

What are your thoughts on the three; how would you come to a decision?

Thanks,

Ronn
(12-04-2013, 04:52 PM)ronn38 Wrote: I'd like one more stock to round out the Tech allocation of my portfolio. I was originally thinking to add Cisco CSCO, which is attractively priced now, however Oracle ORCL and Qualcomm QCOM seem like strong choices as well (though both are fairly valued at the moment).

What are your thoughts on the three; how would you come to a decision?

Thanks,

Ronn

I am long QCOM and have been looking at CSCO but went with IBM instead on its recent pullback. At a quick glance on Fastgraphs, ORCL doesn't look too bad either but has a lower yield and slightly lower growth prospects than QCOM.

I would rank them QCOM>CSCO>ORCL but I could see putting CSCO first if you were closer to retirement and were looking for a higher yield.

I'll admit I haven't done much D.D. on CSCO and even less on ORCL so take my comments for what they are worth.

I'll add MSFT and APPL if you don't already have them. Diversified cash cows that should be great dividend growth stocks for buy and hold investors.
I would go with ORCL First, after than CSCO reason behind is this looking at the current market statistics and positioning ORCL is quite strong from CSCO. Though I will admit to expect a great dividend from such stocks but still my favorite choice. If you are ready to put some extra possible risk just for some extra dividend, then only should go for CSCO otherwise its safer with ORCL in my opinion.
I also went with IBM, recent pullback has put yield in an area not seen since 2009.
Article on QCOM and how they are raking it in with license and patent royalties.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1881691-...oing-great