Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Insert Images In Your Posts
(06-27-2016, 07:41 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: Yup, I have the same issues -- preview mode doesn't show the picture(s). I just post and pray for the best and hope I'm not posting the wrong image like my wife's baby picture naked in the tub. Confused

One question I have, Kerim, is there a way I can re-use pictures I've already posted? If you go to the User Control Panel (top left) and go down to the "Manage Attachments" section I can see all the pictures I've posted. Sure seems a shame to have to re-post something when it's already stored on the server.

DW....thanks for making me spit coffee laughing all over my keyboard!  Big Grin

I agree, that would be a nice feature to select an image from your "library" for future posts.
Cheers,
Rob
There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner
(06-27-2016, 07:05 AM)Kerim Wrote: Sorry for the frustration, Rob. I am hopeful that it is just "preview" mode itself that sucks. I recall facing the same issue -- in preview mode the image you inserted just shows up as a little blank icon/placeholder thingy?

But if you take the leap and go ahead and post, the images should be there as intended. I know this makes it hard to get a post laid out just so before going live, and I'm not sure if it is a glitch or a "feature" from the software's perspective.

In any case, would you mind posting the thread live to see if indeed the images show up correctly (even though they seem not to in preview)?

If that isn't the problem, I'll do some more digging to see what's wrong.

Thanks!

No frustration, just figured I was doing something wrong on one vs the other.  I'll finish it up and get it out.

Many Thanks!
There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner
(06-27-2016, 07:05 AM)Kerim Wrote: Sorry for the frustration, Rob. I am hopeful that it is just "preview" mode itself that sucks. I recall facing the same issue -- in preview mode the image you inserted just shows up as a little blank icon/placeholder thingy?

But if you take the leap and go ahead and post, the images should be there as intended. I know this makes it hard to get a post laid out just so before going live, and I'm not sure if it is a glitch or a "feature" from the software's perspective.

In any case, would you mind posting the thread live to see if indeed the images show up correctly (even though they seem not to in preview)?

If that isn't the problem, I'll do some more digging to see what's wrong.

Thanks!

Finished it up and posted it at 1:30 eastern.  Only one of the graphics appear.  Maybe takes time to propagate ?  The thread is called "Rethinking Risk".  Thanks!!
Frederick Buechner
Jeepers, Rob. I had no problems viewing any of your pics. As to your post, very good but I need to think through what I want to say before I add to it.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

I see five separate images when I view the initial post in that thread. It looks in order to me. Now that some time has passed, does it still look funky to you?