Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On-line trading platform
IMO one on line broker is about as good as another. I have occasionally heard isolated complaints, but not to the extent that should indicate any significant problem at any of the better known online brokers.

I've been with TDA for at least ten years and am quite happy. Customer service calls are always answered promptly by U.S. reps. There hasn't been one mistake, in a ton of trading, during the entire period. During the few occasions when something happened that I didn't like, they always adjusted to my satisfaction, even though TDA was usually not at fault. When unhappy about the commissions, I called and complained and they moved my rate down to $7 where it has been for the past several years. That is one thing to understand, every price at TDA is negotiable depending upon portfolio size and trading habits.

I also had an account with Etrade and was very happy, except their trading price was a bit high. Platform and service was always very good.

I don't think that you can likely go wrong, but even if you do, changing from one brokerage to another is pretty painless, plus you get those free trades or other incentives again.
Alex

Messages In This Thread
On-line trading platform - by ronn38 - 01-03-2014, 04:41 PM
RE: On-line trading platform - by ChadR - 01-03-2014, 10:10 PM
RE: On-line trading platform - by hendi_alex - 01-04-2014, 09:14 AM
RE: On-line trading platform - by Robandcindy2 - 01-06-2014, 09:08 AM
RE: On-line trading platform - by fiveoh - 01-06-2014, 10:54 AM
RE: On-line trading platform - by fiveoh - 01-06-2014, 02:56 PM
RE: On-line trading platform - by ronn38 - 01-06-2014, 03:18 PM