Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford (F) (I know, I know...)
DW,
I know theres some talk of ag market downcycle - but would you care to elaborate? Why do you think the market is going to go down?

We can start another thread on it, if u'd like
R2R
(01-08-2015, 07:58 PM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: DW,
I know theres some talk of ag market downcycle - but would you care to elaborate? Why do you think the market is going to go down?

R2R

R2R, I'm not ignoring you, just busy. I've been doing some reading on the topic and am still trying to get a handle on all the moving parts. I'm not specifically talking about ag the commodities but more the market for the equipment suppliers. I'll answer more when I have a bit of time.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(01-10-2015, 02:35 AM)Dividend Watcher Wrote:
(01-08-2015, 07:58 PM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: DW,

R2R

R2R, I'm not ignoring you, just busy. I've been doing some reading on the topic and am still trying to get a handle on all the moving parts. I'm not specifically talking about ag the commodities but more the market for the equipment suppliers. I'll answer more when I have a bit of time.

No worries, DW. Anytime you have. I own ADM and fall in commodities is something that I wonder will occur in the space. Part of their proceeds also go to ethanol production, but now with the fall in oil prices, im sure there will be pressure to cut down the subsidies on that. Whether it'll happen or not, we'll have to see.