Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings from Arkansas
I followed a link from a Seeking Alpha to get here. Electrical engineer employed by ETR going on 32 years and counting. I turn 61 this week and the moment I turned 59 1/2 I transferred my 401K to a self directed IRA where I invest in dividend growth stocks.
Since I am still employed by ETR I annually max out my 401K by contributing $23,000 of pre-tax dollars. Then those dollars are transferred to my IRA via an in-service distribution through my 401K plan administration fee-free 2-3 times per year. This in-service distribution is not advertised by the 401K plan, but should be available for most plans.
I currently have a portfolio of 14 stocks with an average yield of 3.68%. I seek total return. My definition is TR= Cap Appreciation + Dividend Growth + Dividend Yield. I drip my dividends back into my stocks, but eventually I will begin to accumulate the dividends as I near retirement.
I hope to contribute as well as learn from you guys.
Welcome, Gapwedge. Be nice to have another contributor here.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(01-23-2014, 02:28 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: Welcome, Gapwedge. Be nice to have another contributor here.

Thanks.
Welcome Gapwedge -- glad you found us and thanks for joining in!
Welcome aboard!