Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good morning
Hey all. Just registered last night and hoping to learn and contribute. I'm about 8 years away from retirement. I do two IRA accounts, one at fidelity and one at Scottrade. With Fidelity I look for dividend growth and reinvest dividends -main holdings are GE, GIS, LNCO, O, ARCP, WMB, HIG. With Scottrade, I look for dividends but I'll take a trade if it shows up - main holdings here are the Cs - CSCO, CSX, COP, COF, and CVS, plus JNJ. I boost the yield on this side with some below par preferreds - OXLCO, RAS-PA. I've gotten ideas from Seeking ALpha and Yield Hunter plus I do some homework. So far so good and good luck to all!!
Good morning, timdman. Looking forward to your contributing.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Welcome to DGF timdman! Very glad to have you join us.

I trust the Cs are just a coincidence and not part of your screen for that account!
Welcome to the board timdman. Wish you have a great time here with us.
(01-24-2014, 08:50 AM)Kerim Wrote: Welcome to DGF timdman! Very glad to have you join us.

I trust the Cs are just a coincidence and not part of your screen for that account!

Just coincidence - makes it easy to remember though Smile
welcome aboard!