Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
100 to 1 in the Stock Market (book)
I am interested to know if anyone has read or heard about the book '100 to 1 in the Stock Market' by Thomas W. Phelps?

I just picked it up and have only just started it, but it is great!

It contains a lot of nice "timeless" insights, by a very astute and relatively unsung investor.
Never heard of him. Seems to be a trend lately ... judging from how much I babble on this forum, I could probably write an encyclopedia.

Care to share any of those nuggets of wisdom?
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Yeah, I will make a summary once I have gone through it here. Should have it up by next week at the latest.
Big Grin Oprah ain't got nuttin' on us. Big Grin
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan