Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new from NY
Found this from the seeking alpha site. just turned 50 and hope to retire in 10 years with dividend investing.Idea

Lee
Hi Lee -- Welcome to DGF. Very glad you found us!
Thank you. I want to learn as much as I can!
Welcome, Lee.

Upstate or Downstate NYer. I'm an upstater sitting in the middle of a corn field.

Looking forward to your input.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(02-09-2014, 08:59 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: Welcome, Lee.

Upstate or Downstate NYer. I'm an upstater sitting in the middle of a corn field.

Looking forward to your input.

NYC, west side area in the middle of big buildings LOL.
Welcome Lee! I haven't been to NYC in a long while, but used to love visiting.

Why are you in a cornfield, Dividend Watcher?
(02-10-2014, 10:09 AM)TomK Wrote: Why are you in a cornfield, Dividend Watcher?

Well, if you look out my windows in the summer, all you see is corn.

Actually, our house sits on 1 acre of what used to be my in-laws 60 acre self-sufficient farm. When they moved years ago, they deeded that 1 acre to my wife. The rest was sold to another "country boy" who really didn't want to put in the work to farm it so he leases it to another farmer that grows corn for the ethanol plant around here and for his own cattle. All this was before I came into the picture.

It's nice and private and we have plenty of room to garden so I have no desire to move.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Sounds nice, except when you need Thai food delivered!