Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dividend Announcement Thread!
(12-10-2021, 05:41 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 12:16 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: Pfizer (NYSE: PFE) declares $0.40/share quarterly dividend, 2.6% increase from prior dividend of $0.39.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3779224-pf...-26-to-040
That is some serious weak sauce.  So I hold this dog through 25 years of true pain, they finally win the FCF lotto, and offer up a dying yield trap type raise?  I am not at all amused.  My wife will start trimming PFE next week.  It's most of her ROTH port.  

Am I out of line?

Painless in a ROTH. I'd rather own AMGN or ABBV, perhaps MRK.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(12-10-2021, 05:32 PM)EricL Wrote: This one wasn't on my radar. Love those railroads!

Union Pacific (NYSE:UNP) declares $1.18/share quarterly dividend, 10.3% increase from prior dividend of $1.07.
Forward yield 1.9%
Payable Dec. 30; for shareholders of record Dec. 20; ex-div Dec. 17.

2nd Div increase this year.  I'll take it.
(12-10-2021, 05:51 PM)EricL Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 12:16 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: Pfizer (NYSE: PFE) declares $0.40/share quarterly dividend, 2.6% increase from prior dividend of $0.39.

That is some serious weak sauce.  So I hold this dog through 25 years of true pain, they finally win the FCF lotto, and offer up a dying yield trap type raise?  I am not at all amused.  My wife will start trimming PFE next week.  It's most of her ROTH port.  

Am I out of line?

I will do some research but I am shocked.  Nobody thinks they won't have guaranteed lucrative cash flow from vaccinations for more than a year no matter what Covid does today.  They don't have to get much else right to keep the dividend very safe for years.  No interest in MRK but I have other pharma options for sure.
(12-10-2021, 06:23 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-10-2021, 05:51 PM)EricL Wrote:

Am I out of line?

I will do some research but I am shocked.  Nobody thinks they won't have guaranteed lucrative cash flow from vaccinations for more than a year no matter what Covid does today.  They don't have to get much else right to keep the dividend very safe for years.  No interest in MRK but I have other pharma options for sure.

BBB supposedly has provisions regarding both medical price controls and allowing the government to negotiate for Medicare prices - something I think should have always been allowed. Between PFE and ABT giving weak raises I'm wondering if it's a hedge against this legislation impacting cash flows.
I did fail to credit PFE with one fact. They spun off Viatris with a nice dividend and if was expected PFE would cut the dividend to recover it several quarters ago. They did not cut so the annual dividend raise was fine this year. And it should be given the billions of Covid revenue.
(12-12-2021, 08:27 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I did fail to credit PFE with one fact.  They spun off Viatris with a nice dividend and if was expected PFE would cut the dividend to recover it several quarters ago.  They did not cut so the annual dividend raise was fine this year.  And it should be given the billions of Covid revenue.

I've been applying that to last year and saying that with the VTRS spinoff they gave what amounted to a $.03 rather than a $.01 2020 increase. Should I be applying it to this one? Just figured spinning off Upjohn and that year's hike would be from 2020, not 2021 cash flows.
(12-12-2021, 08:37 AM)cemanuel Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 08:27 AM)fenders53 Wrote: I did fail to credit PFE with one fact.  They spun off Viatris with a nice dividend and if was expected PFE would cut the dividend to recover it several quarters ago.  They did not cut so the annual dividend raise was fine this year.  And it should be given the billions of Covid revenue.

I've been applying that to last year and saying that with the VTRS spinoff they gave what amounted to a $.03 rather than a $.01 2020 increase. Should I be applying it to this one? Just figured spinning off Upjohn and that year's hike would be from 2020, not 2021 cash flows.
It's all one money to me.  Going forward it would be two regarding future raises.  I guess look at fiscal year ends and dividend pay dates.  VTRS owes you an increase four quarters after the first one IMO.  PFE in a year from upcoming payment.  It will all even out no matter how you choose to track it.
(12-12-2021, 08:49 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(12-12-2021, 08:37 AM)cemanuel Wrote:

It's all one money to me.  Going forward it would be two regarding future raises.  I guess look at fiscal year ends and dividend pay dates.  VTRS owes you an increase four quarters after the first one IMO.  PFE in a year from upcoming payment.  It will all even out no matter how you choose to track it.

I'm not big on generic pharma so I sold VTRS pretty quick. Besides that reason, it was a pretty small position. I treated it like a special dividend.
I did the same but it's a brand new div stock many will accumulate.
Another nice boost from BMY, and a buyback that equates to 12% of shares outstanding as a cherry on top.

Quote:
  • Bristol Myers Squibb (NYSE:BMY) declares $0.54/share quarterly dividend10.2% increase from prior dividend of $0.49.

• Forward yield 3.83%

• Payable Feb. 1; for shareholders of record Jan. 7; ex-div Jan. 6.

• The board also authorized the repurchase of an additional $15B of the company’s common stock, bringing the total amount of shares available to repurchase to $15.2B.

• “With significant free cash flow of $45 billion to $50 billion expected between 2021 and 2023, investment in business development continues to be a key priority for the company in driving innovation and sustained growth as we return capital to shareholders through the dividend increase and expanded share repurchase authorization. We remain committed to maintaining a strong investment grade credit rating and reducing our debt,” said Giovanni Caforio, board chair and chief executive officer.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(12-13-2021, 09:23 AM)EricL Wrote: Another nice boost from BMY, and a buyback that equates to 12% of shares outstanding as a cherry on top.

Quote:
  • Bristol Myers Squibb (NYSE:BMY) declares $0.54/share quarterly dividend10.2% increase from prior dividend of $0.49.

• Forward yield 3.83%

• Payable Feb. 1; for shareholders of record Jan. 7; ex-div Jan. 6.

• The board also authorized the repurchase of an additional $15B of the company’s common stock, bringing the total amount of shares available to repurchase to $15.2B.

• “With significant free cash flow of $45 billion to $50 billion expected between 2021 and 2023, investment in business development continues to be a key priority for the company in driving innovation and sustained growth as we return capital to shareholders through the dividend increase and expanded share repurchase authorization. We remain committed to maintaining a strong investment grade credit rating and reducing our debt,” said Giovanni Caforio, board chair and chief executive officer.

My largest holding and it's been painful lately.  This was great news.
SEI Investments (NASDAQ: SEIC) declares $0.40/share semi-annual dividend, 8.1% increase from prior dividend of $0.37.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3779454-se...0-dividend