Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you use software for investing?
These days the one you tend to hear most about is Metatrader 4. This was initially Forex software but depending on the broker you can do stock trading on it now was well.

Whatever you do, don't pay for any plugins, especially the Forex ones. I tested a lot of them a couple of years backs and everyone was crap. Nothing beats human instinct Smile
Agree!!
The only resource that I pay for is Fastgraphs and its pretty reasonable at just $10 per month. Great way to check out the long term valuation and bumpiness in owning companies. I don't make any buys without first checking my prospects list with it.
I have also used Fastgraphs in the past and really liked it. It is a good resource helping to visualize current valuation.

I don't use any software because I don't see what benefit it provides for a dividend growth investor. We are trading on long term fundamentals and not technicals. I can get all the info I need by reviewing a companies financial statements and then just using the price quoted from my broker. Just out of curiousity, what is the benefit of software?
I have been using QuoteTracker for years

BUT

the new Medved Tracker will be introduced soon, and by all reports, it is fantastic! I will be a user when it comes....especially as TDAmeritrade bot QT awhile back and have ceased all support for it, preferring other platforms