Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Industrial sector
I would like to hear your thoughts on the Industrials sector? My lowest exposure in the portfolio is in this sector and want to add to it.

What are your thoughts on current evaluation of the stocks? I am considering GE, PH, ITW.

cheers
R2R

ps: I am also considering railways (NSC and CNR.TO) - but I consider more Services sector.

Oops, sorry - this shouldnt be in the Individual Dividend Growth Stocks forum.
PH is the only one I would consider fairly valued right now. I made a pile of money on PH coming out of the Great Recession with cash secured puts but never got assigned before I gave up chasing it. I would prefer the trailing P/E under 15 only because their earnings are more sensitive to the economy but here isn't a bad place.

GE and ITW are both on my radar but not at these prices.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

I've been looking pretty closely at GE and may be swapping DRI or CHD out in my portfolio for it soon.

I think ITW and PH are both a bit overvalued here.

I think any of the big three railroads, NSC, CSX, and UNP look good here. I currently own NSC and UNP.

I also own and like CMI and DE at their current valuations.

Just my thoughts, for what they are worth.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Thanks for the input. I dropped DE from my watchlist as they would rather use all that money in the coffers for stock buybacks instead of a dividend raise (or even a one-time dividend).