Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wynn Resorts (WYNN)
This is turning into one of my favorite stocks as the company just keeps executing and showing great growth in Macau.

Yesterday's earnings conference call was once again stellar, as CEO Steve Wynn is one of the best out there. He gives straightforward and thoughtful answers and isn't afraid to toot his own horn when talking about the company. I think he's really one of the great visionaries of the 21st century.

WYNN has quintupled its regular dividend payout since 2010 and also pays an annual special dividend that has ranged from $3-$8 per share on top of it. The stock is up big today on earnings, but is still more than 10% below its 52 week high. Its set up for continued growth over the next couple of years, and especially in 2016 when its new Wynn Cotau is expected to open.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Thanks Eric -- I've often wanted to add a ca$ino to my stable of sin stocks, but have never really spent the time researching them. Do you consider WYNN the "best of breed," or are there several solid names to choose from?
(05-04-2014, 12:01 PM)Kerim Wrote: Thanks Eric -- I've often wanted to add a ca$ino to my stable of sin stocks, but have never really spent the time researching them. Do you consider WYNN the "best of breed," or are there several solid names to choose from?

WYNN is the only ca$ino stock I own, but would also consider Las Vegas Sands (LVS) as part of best of breed. Both are well established in Macau and will benefit from the continued growth there.

Wynn has paid a higher dividend and also has historically paid a higher special dividend, but both have shown tremendous growth over the last 5 years.

Here is an article I wrote last year comparing some of the ca$ino stocks.

While I don't know that I would count on either as core positions, I think they could both give some nice capital gains over the next couple of years.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha