Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dow since 1900
Chart of the Day

The Dow since 1900

http://www.chartoftheday.com/20140604.htm
There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner
Good one, thanks.

Here's one that's a bit more negative.
Weird times, Kerim. I've never seen anything like it. I'll be happy when QE3 ends and we can get a better picture of what people will REALLY pay for stocks. I'm not sure we'll see the end of ZIRP soon, but that would give the best picture if it were to happen.

Zero Hedge is a good read as a counterbalance to all the crazy mainstream media stuff - always humorous but sometimes a bit depressing. It never ceases to amuse me to see conflicting headlines on Marketwatch - 'Buy stocks, this time it's really different' and right below that headline is another saying to 'sell now because of deflation/inflation/zombie apocalypse'. Information (and opinion) overload is the curse of our time....
That zombie apocalypse is the one that's really got me worried. Dodgy
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(06-08-2014, 07:34 AM)Ok Red Wrote: Zero Hedge is a good read as a counterbalance to all the crazy mainstream media stuff -

I would not trade crazy mainstream stuff for crazy Zero Hedge stuff.

In my mind, most of both is noise.
(06-19-2014, 07:31 AM)rnsmth Wrote:
(06-08-2014, 07:34 AM)Ok Red Wrote: Zero Hedge is a good read as a counterbalance to all the crazy mainstream media stuff -

I would not trade crazy mainstream stuff for crazy Zero Hedge stuff.

In my mind, most of both is noise.

I agree that most of it is noise, but I can't seem to stop myself from consuming lots and lots of it. I find it fascinating. So as long as I am reading it, I guess it is good to get plenty of nonsense from both perspectives, so maybe it balances out somehow. I do think that I am a pretty critical reader, and find I am not really swayed by most of it. And you do occasionally read something informative that adds to your overall understanding...