Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motif trading platform
Some of you younger dividend growth investors may want to look at Motif as a trading platform. Actually I set up an account in order to be able to inexpensively construct my own ETF type baskets of stocks. Each themed motif (or basket of up to 30 tickers) can be easily set up with customized weighting. The motif can then be bought with a single click and with a single $9.95 fee.

For me it will work as an ETF replacement, where suitable ETF can not be found that meets my needs. For others it could be an inexpensive way to build a basket of DG stocks, a basket which can be rebalanced easily and at no additional cost other than the normal trading fee when making a purchase.

Motif Investing site
Alex
I agree Alex, it's a great product. I set up an account a few months ago to make some buys in the oil and gas sector.

Here is a link: Dividend Growth - U.S. Energy Sector

Great way to buy a "basket" of companies in an industry with just one transaction fee.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Yep definitely a useful thing to have, I've heard many good reviews about it. However at IBs roughly $0.5 per transaction commission I haven't bothered registering myself, but I probably would if I was with a broker that charges an arm and a leg.