Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oversize Positions Don't Worry Me -- YET!
Hey Horace! Welcome to the forum.

And nice first post. I could not agree with you more about this. On the recent dip, I could have tried to find something to further diversify my holdings -- I've got positions in 19 different stocks right now. Some would argue that is way too concentrated and I should be looking for number 20. But of all the stocks I looked at, I was convinced that PM was the best value and has the best prospects. I was not about to pass up the opportunity because I already have a "full" position in it. I added more and have no regrets -- letting my best ideas run. I'll add number 20 when I find another excellent DG stock at a compelling value.

And as I said in the original post, this is especially true in the accumulation phase. I hope to eventually own a lot more of all the stocks I currently hold, and more. I'd be an idiot to pass up a great opportunity to buy more shares at a great price just to satisfy some arbitrary threshold. Each of my three largest holdings (MO, JNJ, INTC) are over 10 percent of my dividend growth portfolio, and I sleep just fine.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oversize Positions Don't Worry Me -- YET! - by bobbyboy1970 - 05-16-2013, 03:02 PM
RE: Oversize Positions Don't Worry Me -- YET! - by Kerim - 07-11-2013, 10:36 PM
RE: Oversize Positions Don't Worry Me -- YET! - by bobbyboy1970 - 07-13-2013, 01:12 PM
RE: Oversize Positions Don't Worry Me -- YET! - by bobbyboy1970 - 07-17-2013, 02:47 PM