Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oversize Positions Don't Worry Me -- YET!
Almost every book written about dividends has an example of the power of compounding and re-investing the dividends. Such as:

The Ultimate Dividend Playbook: "The best information I had was their current portfolio, almost all of which consisted of the various corporate descendants of AT&T, the original Mall Bell".

"All she did, it seemed, was reinvest her dividends- quarter after quarter, year after year, decade after decade. When At&T broke up into ...she held on...when AT&T spun out Lucent and US West..., she held on. Their original value (of AT&T) totaled $6,626 .... blossomed ...into more than $1 Million.

All About Dividend Investing: "In 1944 he gave $10,000 to each of his ..sons". Robert also took his dad's suggestion and bought companies that made up the DJIA. but unlike his brother, Michael, he chose to follow his dad's advice about reinvesting his dividends". "By 2003 Robert's initial investment increased in value, ..., but the additional shares he bought by reinvesting the dividends his grew in value to more than $4.1 million".

Of course neither books recommends holding just one stock or just a few, but it's interesting the examples of success all relate to buying and holding a few good stocks, forever.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Oversize Positions Don't Worry Me -- YET! - by bobbyboy1970 - 05-16-2013, 03:02 PM
RE: Oversize Positions Don't Worry Me -- YET! - by bobbyboy1970 - 07-13-2013, 01:12 PM
RE: Oversize Positions Don't Worry Me -- YET! - by bobbyboy1970 - 07-17-2013, 02:47 PM
RE: Oversize Positions Don't Worry Me -- YET! - by cannew - 09-25-2013, 09:01 AM