Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
3,000 Word How-To Dividend Growth Investing Guide
I just finished a 3,000+ word guide on how to practice dividend growth investing. Please take a look at it and let me know if there is anything you think should be added. See the guide here.
What is the yield range for the quintiles in the first graph? Is it a total return graph of 5 hypothetical portfolios? It's an interesting result if I can make sense of how it was created.
Looks interesting, Sure Dividend. I have it bookmarked to read - but have been busy since yesterday porting my blog over from Blogger to WordPress.
Hopefully, I'll get to it this weekend. Thanks for the mention.

cheers
Good general summary of Dividend Growth. Don't like the idea of posting info to sell your products, unless you mention it up front.
(08-29-2014, 09:41 PM)earthtodan Wrote: What is the yield range for the quintiles in the first graph? Is it a total return graph of 5 hypothetical portfolios? It's an interesting result if I can make sense of how it was created.

The range changes each year, as the market gets cheaper or more expensive. Yes, it is a total return graph for baskets of stocks dividend by dividend yield. Based on data from Finviz, the 4th quintile (which performed best) starts at a dividend yield of 2.81% now, while the 5th quintile starts at 4.18%.

(08-31-2014, 08:18 AM)cannew Wrote: Good general summary of Dividend Growth. Don't like the idea of posting info to sell your products, unless you mention it up front.

Thanks for the heads up. I do have a subscription based monthly newsletter, but the guide I posted is completely free and provides (at least I hope) solid information for dividend growth investors.