Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello to everyone
Hey guys, my name is Joey Batz and I just joined. I'm a recent dividend growth investor (sort of, a friend and I share a very small portfolio we started in 2008, but I started my own portfolio late last year and that is the one I focus on the most). I'm hoping to build that portfolio into a stream of passive income that will allow me to leave the traditional 9-5 world long before I'm 65.

My friend and I also run a Facebook group relating to investments, business, history, and politics, and I write for a website called Infobarrel (though I write about any topic).

Good luck to everyone on their dividend growth journeys!
Welcome
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Welcome to the forum.
Welcome aboard Joey!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Welcome Joey

I'm new here too and just setlling in Smile

Awsome to see this forum growing!
Thanks everybody!

Hey, is it OK if I post here a link to my Facebook group (the one I just mentioned) and a link to my Infobarrel profile? Or is that a no-no?
(10-04-2014, 04:02 PM)Joey Batz Wrote: Thanks everybody!

Hey, is it OK if I post here a link to my Facebook group (the one I just mentioned) and a link to my Infobarrel profile? Or is that a no-no?

I would wait for Kerim to respond since it's his board.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(10-04-2014, 04:02 PM)Joey Batz Wrote: Thanks everybody!

Welcome Joey and glad to have you here! It is fine by me for you to provide the links, and appreciate your asking.

Kerim
Thanks, Kerim! I'm glad to be amongst fellow dividend investors! It's a nice change of pace from people who can only think in terms of speculative penny stocks and actively managed mutual funds (or people who think the stock market is nothing more than a trip to Vegas).

My Facebook group is called Safior Investment Community (http://www.facebook.com/groups/288688794...?ref=br_tf). Like I said, we are a hub of articles about investing, finance, business, politics, and history. While many of the articles are written by us, we're hoping that others will post their own topics and work on there, and we're hoping that our small community will thrive. We also may or may not have a minor
celebrity presence on there, depending on whether a certain member's Facebook profile is legit or not. I'm not disclosing who.

As for my Infobarrel articles, I have numerous articles on numerous topics. Not just about investing, but on a wide range of topics from pop culture to product reviews. I recently published the first of two articles about dividend growth investing (I'm waiting for approval on the other one) that I hope motivates a lot of people to get start on a dividend investing journey. I make money on Infobarrel through Pay Per Click ad revenue and Amazon commissions (I mention this for full disclosure). If you want to join, then here is a link to the site (full disclosure again: if you join via that link, I get 2% of whatever you make on the site, which is not drawn out of what you would make):

http://www.infobarrel.com/signup.php?ref_id=2081347

Okay, okay, no more links. I promise I won't be posting them all over the place. Thanks for allowing me to post them though, Kerim. From here on, it will be only stuff related to dividend investing!