Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
added to

MO/ADM/TD/XOM/RDS.B/BMY
(02-27-2020, 11:52 AM)vbin Wrote: Closed my s&p put for a sweet profit. One remaining. This might continue Japan extending their spring break due to crona fear and 1 Korean super carrier was in LA Korea Town before she went back and was detected positive. That's scary.
Good for you.  I've been buying back a covered call here and there the past few days.  I'm just about out of hedges but it definitely helped some.  I'll be a little more prepared next time. BTW, I promised to lay off the few junk stocks I own. So far so good, no new Ford or oil shares for me lol. That's easier when my good stuff is getting killed too lol.

I had good luck "shorting" DE everytime it ran NOV to JAN. (shorting call spreads actually). NilesMike as my witness, I told him I was ready to short HD last week. I expected him to scold me for shorting quality with a good chart. I read his mind and didn't do it lol. It would have worked out, but not because I was right about earnings. That would have been a deadly mistake in a bull market. I need to pick on stocks with real fleas.
I dont have the patience to wait. I see 1000 point down and get excited to buy lol

I mean if I loved NOC at $380 why not buy at $325?

I bought too early, should have waited an hour, but added some companies I really like NOC, HON, JNJ, PEP, XOM, and AFL.

I may have not bought the lowest lows, but I bought some quality names today.
I think market might be up tomorrow, 4 days down is much. Closed my other s&p put also. XOM at $49. There has to be value in oil. You gotta be kidding me otherwise.
Added to EMN, OMC and TD
Wow talk about catching a falling knife!

I've been buying as below in past few days and it kept going down. The only bright spot is MMM.
MMM @ $150
WFC @ $45 and $42.5
UPS @ $100, $95 and $90
XOM @ $60, $55 and $50 Sad

That being said I still have open orders as below
MMM @ $145
IBM @ $125
WBA @ $45
FDX @ $125
TD @ $45
(02-27-2020, 04:32 PM)vbin Wrote: I think market might be up tomorrow, 4 days down is much. Closed my other s&p put also. XOM at $49. There has to be value in oil. You gotta be kidding me otherwise.

I'm not confident a rally can last before this weekend, but we should be due for a dead cat bounce any day now.  Utes finally went down meaningfully today.  One of the last holdouts.  I'm amazed the MMM rally held today.  I assume it did anyway.  I haven't seen the market since it dropped the last 500 points.  Probably for the better as I need to pace myself on new purchases.  I haven't kept track, but I am sure I have purchased a dozen stocks an average of three times per trade.  I have caught the bottom (so far) on perhaps three.  Maybe I should buy one share every five minutes so I can claim I caught the bottom for the day.  I am starting to see signs of a few stocks finding solid support, but not many.  PFE seems determined.  DAL jumped nicely after the morning onslaught.  I am expecting a lot more pain for tech if things don't stabilize.
I will be buying some shares in AAPL this morning. Sold out at $320 now I get to buy back much cheaper

I have a feeling the market will be down big and then rally later in the day lol
I'm stoked for the open.  Love me some stock market.   

P.S. you're way early on AAPL.  Pretty sure they are going about of business next month.  Buy tobacco, oil and cruise vacation stocks instead.  

You're welcome.  Smile
Bought WM, PEP, MDT, MO, XOM, GD, and LHX
(02-28-2020, 10:05 AM)stockguru Wrote: Bought WM, PEP, MDT, MO, XOM, GD, and LHX

I really need to get a money tree like you have, it amazes me how you can make buys nearly every day! =)
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Added XOM and opened a new small position in DIS.