Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to DFS below $55.
Couldn't pass up DFS at this low of a price. Initial position into them. Added to XOM (might as well ride them all the way down) and WRK.
(03-11-2020, 10:13 AM)fenders53 Wrote: Capitulation is finally here for BA.

Dropping like a stone right now -- $190.
BA is really good about not cutting the dividend. They may not raise every year during hard times, but they will do everything they can to avoid a cut. They also get very generous with the raises once times are good again.
(03-11-2020, 02:16 PM)Kerim Wrote:

Everything is dropping like a stone. There goes everyone's retirement and pensions. So now the  Cpronavirus is a pandemic?? Give me a break!!

Look at these stocks. At this rate we me be back to Dow 15,000 lol.  UPS, FDX, WFC, DIS, UNP...... I cant list enough names..  Big Grin
(03-11-2020, 02:16 PM)Kerim Wrote:

I found no joy in posting that before I even saw a price quote today.  BA is a fine company that made a few bad decisions.  I've wanted to buy for a year but the market would not accept reality of their short-term future.  The virus was the last straw.  BA is probably going to have to borrow their dividend, or make some painful cuts to staffing.  They may do both.
I Picked up a few shares of KSS using my Kohl's cash lol

I did some buying at 3:45 PM. Bought 8 names. 15, 25, 30 shares here and there.
For better or worse, I have now expended the rest of my cash that would be appropriate to put in equities for my situation with current market conditions.  I have been patient for 18 months.  I am at peace with being "broke" as I executed my plan fairly accurately.  If I should have waited two more months I'll just go fly fishing instead of staring at stock charts and researching all day like I have for a month.  I do have a market Armageddon cash reserve I could invest.  We are nowhere near there yet, and I hope we never go there or we'll all be sad.    

My last moves unless I get a chance to sell something....

Restored my utilities but not enough.  They are still just too expensive and better yields are everywhere.   Bought ALE-AEP-NEE  

Added two very green energy ETFs I've watched for a long time- FAN and TAN, modest positions

Added some V-BMY-MDT 

A zillion small purchases every down day for weeks.  My div yield increase is going to be nice.  I have no idea what the % is but it will be huge.    I should make spreadsheets about it to cheer myself up after this beat down.
This is one reason I love this forum, the investors here see this as opportunity. It is so refreshing compared to the conversations I have with friends/family or those on other SM outlets.
(03-11-2020, 03:07 PM)Ron Ricco Wrote: This is one reason I love this forum, the investors here see this as opportunity. It is so refreshing compared to the conversations I have with friends/family or those on other SM outlets.

Same, this is my "stock e-family" lol.  I can tell you folks I just bought a stock that is down $40 and not be looked at like I'm stupid, unless I'm actually being stupid lol, then I'll get an honest opposing viewpoint I better go research before it's too late.  You get encouragement to stay the course here, rather than mocked by somebody else that had a much better week.  Most stock forums are absolutely horrible when it comes to that.
(03-11-2020, 03:21 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(03-11-2020, 03:07 PM)Ron Ricco Wrote: This is one reason I love this forum, the investors here see this as opportunity. It is so refreshing compared to the conversations I have with friends/family or those on other SM outlets.

Same, this is my "stock e-family" lol.  I can tell you folks I just bought a stock that is down $40 and not be looked at like I'm stupid, unless I'm actually being stupid lol, then I'll get an honest opposing viewpoint I better go research before it's too late.  You get encouragement to stay the course here, rather than mocked by somebody else that had a much better week.  Most stock forums are absolutely horrible when it comes to that.

Agree with both Ron and Fenders.  Thanks to my DGI family.
Added to ADM, IP, PFE, RDS.B, DOW, XOM, WELL, VTR. All small purchases, typically between $500 and 1000, but some even less, like $300. Yield goes up and  with the stocks prices going down, my cash percentage doesn't change that much. Lol