Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to BMY this morning.
Took a new position in CINF and added GD, AFL, and BMY

Sold some AMP. I took the $45 runup and ran fast lol
(05-29-2020, 10:09 AM)EricL Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 02:53 PM)EricL Wrote: Sold out of my ROST and opened a new position in DG with a portion of the proceeds.

Remainder added to my positions in NEE and FLO to bring them closer to full-weight ahead of next week's ex-divs.

Had a tough time selling ROST as I believe in the long-term prospects of the company, but in the end I felt sticking to my goal of 10% income growth was important.

DG had absolute blowout earnings this morning, and I think it will continue to do well going forward.

DG up 3.6% today after yesterday's sell-off. So far it look like I timed that trade pretty well.
Have we finally corrupted you with discussion of three day price movements lol?
(05-29-2020, 08:48 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(05-28-2020, 02:53 PM)EricL Wrote: Sold out of my ROST and opened a new position in DG with a portion of the proceeds.

Remainder added to my positions in NEE and FLO to bring them closer to full-weight ahead of next week's ex-divs.

Had a tough time selling ROST as I believe in the long-term prospects of the company, but in the end I felt sticking to my goal of 10% income growth was important.

DG had absolute blowout earnings this morning, and I think it will continue to do well going forward.

DG up 3.6% today after yesterday's sell-off. So far it look like I timed that trade pretty well.

I was corrupt long before I met you guys! =)

Did you see their quarter though?
  • 21.7% comparable sales growth compared with 8.7% consensus.
  • 10.3% operating margin compared with 7.7% a year ago.
  • Resumption of buyback program.
  • Q1 GAAP EPS of $2.56 was a beat by $0.82.
  • Revenue of $8.45B (+27.6% Y/Y) beat by $790M.
  • Cash Flows From Operations Increased 202.4% to $1.7 billion
For fiscal year 2020, the Company continues to plan for:
  • Capital expenditures in the range of $925 million to $975 million
  • Approximately 2,600 real estate projects, including 1,000 new store openings, 1,500 mature store remodels, and 80 store relocations.
So full-year capex is essentially covered by the growth in cash flows from Q1 alone!

Three quarters of the US population lives within five minutes of a Dollar General store. With 20% unemployment, I expect those stores will continue to do well.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(05-30-2020, 08:20 AM)EricL Wrote:
(05-29-2020, 08:48 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

I was corrupt long before I met you guys! =)

Did you see their quarter though?
  • 21.7% comparable sales growth compared with 8.7% consensus.
  • 10.3% operating margin compared with 7.7% a year ago.
  • Resumption of buyback program.
  • Q1 GAAP EPS of $2.56 was a beat by $0.82.
  • Revenue of $8.45B (+27.6% Y/Y) beat by $790M.
  • Cash Flows From Operations Increased 202.4% to $1.7 billion
For fiscal year 2020, the Company continues to plan for:
  • Capital expenditures in the range of $925 million to $975 million
  • Approximately 2,600 real estate projects, including 1,000 new store openings, 1,500 mature store remodels, and 80 store relocations.
So full-year capex is essentially covered by the growth in cash flows from Q1 alone!

Three quarters of the US population lives within five minutes of a Dollar General store. With 20% unemployment, I expect those stores will continue to do well.

I could be talked into DG on a market dip.  I sold my "normal" retail and believe that was a sound decision given risk/reward in this economy.
added to PFE
new position in TFC and added to BMY
So, last major cash deployment for a while:

ABBV
ADM
ADP
BMY
CAH
CSCO
DUK
EV
FRT
GILD
IBM
LEG
LYB
MGA (new position)
MRK
ORCL
PM
SNA (new position)
T
TD
UL
UPS
VZ
XLE
(06-02-2020, 10:22 AM)Otter Wrote: So, last major cash deployment for a while:

ABBV
ADM
ADP
BMY
CAH
CSCO
DUK
EV
FRT
GILD
IBM
LEG
LYB
MGA (new position)
MRK
ORCL
PM
SNA (new position)
T
TD
UL
UPS
VZ
XLE
No wonder the market spiked again this morning.   Big Grin

Still trying to be patient here.
Added small RY position,didnt think it would rise so much in last 1 week,few weeks got in $60.05 and got out at 62 and received dividends
Sold out of SPG. That was a nice 21 point gain. Cant believe it was up $8 today. Wow

Added more BMY and CINF
(06-03-2020, 10:02 AM)divmenow Wrote: Sold out of SPG. That was a nice 21 point gain. Cant believe it was up $8 today. Wow

Added more BMY and CINF
Very nice. I also sold out of SPG after the big run-up today. I realize there opening up outlets in some states but they have delayed in either announcing a dividend or cutting it. I had a nice 16 point profit in it. So thanks for that trade. I owe you a dinner if your ever in the area   Big Grin

CINF looks like a good one to get into as well. Nice DA to get into at a discount. I may add more 

Anyone I did at at RTX, XOM and ITW this week