Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(02-04-2021, 10:20 AM)divmenow Wrote: added APD at $246.20. Love when good companies go on sale lol
The beatdown was even crazier than I thought. I was thinking maybe 255.  I jumped a little early with a put sale but it will be OK.  Adding shares too but slowly.
Enjoying the higher VIX and HD puts the past week. Third round trip completed on basically the same contract that expires tomorrow. Just closed the last one out for $9 that I sold for $303 five days ago. The other ones were held overnight for a 60%+ gain. C'mon volatility. Smile
(02-04-2021, 10:25 AM)kblake Wrote: Added QCOM, PG, APD and took a new position in TLRY

Question. Anyone know some good growth tech stocks that haven't run yet? Looking to buy 2 names. Thanks
May have to settle for a good one that misses earnings by a nickel and gets punished.  Let us know what you buy.
Added back small position in qcom( after exiting below $100,lol) and pg( after exiting below $100,lol)

Vsat rocketed to $50 seems like Cathie Woods been buying. Too many early exits in 2020 and 2021 for me.
(02-04-2021, 10:25 AM)kblake Wrote: Added QCOM, PG, APD and took a new position in TLRY

Question. Anyone know some good growth tech stocks that haven't run yet? Looking to buy 2 names. Thanks

FISV looks pretty attractive at 20X 2021 estimates. Has just one year of <10% EPS growth in the last 20 years.

AVGO still trades under an 18 PE with a yield of 3%.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(02-04-2021, 12:17 PM)EricL Wrote:

FISV looks pretty attractive at 20X 2021 estimates. Has just one year of <10% EPS growth in the last 20 years.

AVGO still trades under an 18 PE with a yield of 3%.
Sitting on my first share of AVGO I bought 20% cheaper not long ago.  Waiting for any sort of pullback but you are correct it is still far more fairly valued than most tech.  

More nibbling today when I think I caught a low.  DG and WEC.   

Playing with GOLD but I will put that on the boring option thread.

I like TER, MKSI and TSM

All trading at cheap valuations compared to most tech stocks.
Fenders I hate when your right lol. I couldn't wait to start buying new position again. 3 days I was in withdraw lol

Added a new position in ROK. Its a company I have always liked and got a dip lol

You should look into this name. Very good value here
(02-04-2021, 01:52 PM)divmenow Wrote: Fenders I hate when your right lol. I couldn't wait to start buying new position again. 3 days I was in withdraw lol

Added a new position in ROK. Its a company I have always liked and got a dip lol

You should look into this name. Very good value here

You barely made it a day before you nibbled.  It made me sad when you went away LMAO.  You are right, nothing is particularly cheap without a whole lot of rationalizing.  It seems to me some decent companies are missing expectations a bit and getting severely punished.  As they should with valuations elevated.  The bull ain't dead yet and getting a decent price is often going to require buying into the fear when the Algos panic for a few hours.  That APD ride today was nuts for an Aristocrat industrial gas seller.  Completely unjustified and we caught an opportunity.  I am about to go grab some TSM.  I like AVGO better but a $44K put is a little scary for my port size.  Especially when I paid $360 not so long ago.
Some of the largest stocks that hit 1 Month Lows so far today

Merck $MRK
Qualcomm $QCOM
$BHP
GlaxoSmithKline $GSK
Unilever $UL
$ABB
Air Products $APD
Takeda $TAK
Barrick $GOLD
Newmont $NEM
Allstate $ALL
Suncor $SU
Check Point $CHKP
Yum China $YUMC
Franco $FNV
$CHD

Some good names on the list if you’e looking to buy on dips .
A couple on that list that are tormenting me. Smile
GLD going into bear terrerory while UUP seem to have found support and trying to break above 200 ma. Markets will be watching this reversal and of bears to be believed, tighten your seat belts in 2021.