Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Bought 45 shares of OHI, 9 shares of AFL, and 12 shares of QCOM in the past week.
Exited 1/2 my position in CVX (good tax loss and brining my cost avg down to $80), and all my holding in RDS. Will get back in when my magic 8 ball starts working again ;-)
deployed cash to WP Cary and VTR (caught a bit of a falling knife w/VTR, but long term...), so I have full positions in both now, along with starting a 1/2 position in PFE.

Ronn
Added to my shares in Occidental Petroleum (OXY) and started a new position in Becton Dickinson (BDX) after selling out of my position in Mallinkrodt (MNK).
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
FLO, BA, VTR, LTC, OHI today, and yesterday WPC
(02-12-2016, 07:10 PM)Dividendsrule Wrote: FLO, BA, VTR, LTC, OHI today, and yesterday WPC

I bought AXP and VFC today. I think both represent good value down here. AXP selloff was way over done and am very happy to buy under $53.
Picked up 23 more shares of EMR this morning.
AXP good at $53.  I remember back in '07 or '08 when we could buy AXP for $10.  I kicked myself for not buying more at the time, but I'm glad that I at least bought a little bit.  AXP is a great company and is only temporarily hit with the Costco/Starwood issues.
Sold one of my european holdings, had to get rid of this particular telecom since well... nothing has been going well for them recently. Took a pretty big loss but it was time to move on... time to move on before the masses realise that the generous dividend will be cut in 2017.

Deployed a part of that cash into NVU.UN. Looking to deploy part of it to a telecom, BCE or T, but both are looking a bit too expensive right now... so maybe some HON or JNJ instead. A dip tomorrow would be nice to make the choice easier. :p
Opened a position in FLO.
(02-17-2016, 01:00 PM)Caversham Wrote: Opened a position in FLO.

With the big days in the market this week i really don't see many buying opportunities at this time. The only stocks I would buy right now at current prices are AXP, MA, NVS, AAPL, VLO and UTX. I won't be doing much buying unless we see another 5% correction or so.
(10-13-2014, 11:16 PM)Joey Batz Wrote: Bought XOM, TRV, TIS, LTC, and SSW the other day. Looking at SWK and BDX, but they are too expensive right now.

Bought a little SYY and LLY today!
Bought 200 shares of EVT, hopefully I can sell it all sometime soon (trying to break even before selling).