• 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
(08-16-2016, 05:45 AM)rayray Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 08:45 AM)EricL Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 01:00 AM)Jimbo Wrote:
(08-11-2016, 09:24 PM)rayray Wrote: FLO
CALM

new buys

I'm looking at CALM also, just a bit lower and it will hit my number.

I'd be careful on CALM. Egg prices are still near historical lows, they lost $0.22 per share last quarter, and earnings estimates for next quarter have been cut from $0.83 to $0.24 over the last 90 days. This is a cyclical stock, and I'm not sure we've seen the bottom of the cycle yet.

I don't own, but I've seen it mentioned often lately due to the price drop, and just wanted to make sure people know what they are getting in to. Yes its seen a lot of growth in the last 5 years, but it still resides in a cyclical industry.

This is exactly why I initiated a partial investment in CALM, I've been watching this company for over a year and decided now, for me, was a good time to invest. I'll be watching for more volatility, in fact, I'm waiting for that overall market correction but it's not happening.

Sounds like you are playing it right Ray. It does look like a good company, so averaging down should work out well when egg prices finally do turn.

Best of luck!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Initiated a position in FLO
(08-15-2016, 10:51 AM)benjamen Wrote: I initiated a position in FLO today.  The lawsuit may hurt short term, but it doesn't change the long term prospects.  I think the 30% YTD pullback is an over reaction.

What's the lawsuit regarding?  I've seen a few people mention (here and elsewhere) that they're buying FLO right now.  I don't think I've ever looked into that company.
The lawsuit is regarding misclassifying their drivers as contract labor instead of employees. Very similar to what Fed Ex went through.
I looked into Flo and it wasn't the lawsuit that I was concerned, but the lack of growth on the stock price, since 2013 the stock price traded at $22 and has constantly dropped to a now recent low of $14. It seems to have very limited upside on the long term.
I added to my VZ holding on the pullback today. Hain is getting a little interesting as well. It's on my watch list after the big selloff with accounting issues.
(08-16-2016, 11:47 AM)Rasec Wrote: I looked into Flo and it wasn't the lawsuit that I was concerned, but the lack of growth on the stock price, since 2013 the stock price traded at $22 and has constantly dropped to a now recent low of $14. It seems to have very limited upside on the long term.

Hi Rasec.

At this low of $14 there's some great value in the stock. It has a decent dividend track record and I'm confident it can continue to increase its dividend in the future.

Yes, the softness in the industry is somewhat concerning but that doesn't justify the current valuation (for me). I expect that once the lawsuit is settled that FLO will return to the $20's.

Anyway, it's not capital gains that interests me as a dividend growth investor. Frankly, I'd be happy to see the stock drop lower so I could add more and eat up that yield.
Reinvested this months dividends into Northview REIT (NVU.UN - toronto) and WFC.
Sold GILD and doubled down into EMR.
Sold out of my DE position at $88.60.
Opened a new CVS position at $97.25.
Opened a new LOW position at $77.30.

I think we are still a ways away from a cycle turn in the ag sector and CVS and LOW have much more certain growth prospects. For what I lose in dividend income I believe will be more than made up in growth.
(08-23-2016, 01:07 PM)EricL Wrote: Sold out of my DE position at $88.60.
Opened a new CVS position at $97.25.
Opened a new LOW position at $77.30.

I think we are still a ways away from a cycle turn in the ag sector and CVS and LOW have much more certain growth prospects. For what I lose in dividend income I believe will be more than made up in growth.

I've considered doing this myself, but I'm going to stick with DE.  They have navigated a perfect storm of both agriculture and construction cycles bottoming and still have a great balance sheet (debt/equity ratios et al are distorted by their financing arm).
(08-24-2016, 09:05 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: I've considered doing this myself, but I'm going to stick with DE.  They have navigated a perfect storm of both agriculture and construction cycles bottoming and still have a great balance sheet (debt/equity ratios et al are distorted by their financing arm).

Certainly can't blame you for that, I considered doing the same. Kudos to you for having the patience and discipline to see it through!