Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Not a DGI stock, but I did add to my WLL position last week and again yesterday.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Bought a little bit more APPLE and DOW while knocking my head on a door for not having bought CMI while it was in the $80 or even 90s... it was always on my buy list but never seemed like a priority.
I bought XOM today. Love the chart and think it goes to $95. I should have pulled the trigger at $77 when I first wanted to buy.
(03-09-2016, 10:04 AM)divmenow Wrote: I bought XOM today. Love the chart and think it goes to $95. I should have pulled the trigger at $77 when I first wanted to buy.

Nice.

It's funny -- I bought my XOM in maybe ten different purchases, and my average price is right about $83. So we're almost in the same position, but you did it without all the drama...
I bought during the flash crash--$72.50-- but just a 1/4 position because I thought it would drop further... keep learning the same lesson about marking timing :-(
At least you grabbed the 1/4 position instead of waiting for it to go lower and get a full position.
Last post is from 7 days ago, isn't anyone buying anything?

I bought CSCO (90) and VLO (30) today. I told myself a while ago "no more energy", but couldn't resist.
(03-17-2016, 09:30 AM)Rasec Wrote: Last post is from 7 days ago, isn't anyone buying anything?

Not many good deals to be had right now.
On top of everything else I've been on pretty much zero income since last july so cash reserves are getting a bit low. :/
(03-17-2016, 10:42 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(03-17-2016, 09:30 AM)Rasec Wrote: Last post is from 7 days ago, isn't anyone buying anything?

Not many good deals to be had right now.
On top of everything else I've been on pretty much zero income since last july so cash reserves are getting a bit low. :/

I agree not too many buying opportunities out there right now.  However I did buy some ABT and AWR today. Tons of insider buying on AWR in recent weeks and the stock has gotten killed the last month. Figure bottom was close. I like ABT and is a safe stock to own right now. Should hit $45 in the near term. Now I have some cash ready and with the VIX near a low this market is due for a pullback.

I bought CSCO (90) and VLO (30) today. I told myself a while ago "no more energy", but couldn't resist.

Why buy CSCO now? The time to buy that one was back in Jan under $23 before earnings were released. Been on a killer run of late. The RSI and MACD are in nosebleed territory lol.  Don't get me wrong I love the company and own at $22.83. But you don't see it pulling back to $26-27? Just curious
(03-17-2016, 11:00 AM)divmenow Wrote: Why buy CSCO now? The time to buy that one was back in Jan under $23 before earnings were released. Been on a killer run of late. The RSI and MACD are in nosebleed territory lol.  Don't get me wrong I love the company and own at $22.83. But you don't see it pulling back to $26-27? Just curious

You are absolutely right! I wish I had a crystal ball back in January, but I didn't.  Smile

If I had, I would still have bought some stocks I picked close to 52w lows like ADM or APPL, and I probably wouldn't buy some stuff that isn't growing at all (yet), like WFC or GILD, I could have bought CSCO instead. 

I'm in in for the long term, so the game is more about the fun than the profit, I'm not selling anything anytime soon, doesn't matter if it's down ~30% like KMI or up ~30% like ADM, I'm looking for the next 10 years, and CSCO looks fine for the next 10 years, at $23, $26 or even $30.
I averaged down on PRU.