Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What Did You Buy Today?
Added to my BAM position.
added to MA, BMY and SLB
Started a position in LEVI today. Smallest common stock I own and I have no retail at the moment. Balance sheet looks pretty good. DIV yield is well over 3%. I've been patiently watching it since March IPO but everybody's hero Jim Cramer said to wait and get in later. He was right this time. It's starting to get upgrades from the brokerage houses so now seems like as good a time as any. I'll probably add some more if the market dips.
Added to JNJ
(10-23-2019, 12:02 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Started a position in LEVI today.  Smallest common stock I own and I have no retail at the moment.  Balance sheet looks pretty good.  DIV yield is well over 3%.  I've been patiently watching it since March IPO but everybody's hero Jim Cramer said to wait and get in later.  He was right this time.  It's starting to get upgrades from the brokerage houses so now seems like as good a time as any.  I'll probably add some more if the market dips.

I'm in KTB due to it being spun off from VFC. Yield was almost 7% at the time of the spinoff a few months back, but has slid down to 5.5% with the big run-up in price. Wrangler & Lee instead of Levi's
(10-24-2019, 02:44 PM)Otter Wrote:
(10-23-2019, 12:02 PM)fenders53 Wrote: Started a position in LEVI today.  Smallest common stock I own and I have no retail at the moment.  Balance sheet looks pretty good.  DIV yield is well over 3%.  I've been patiently watching it since March IPO but everybody's hero Jim Cramer said to wait and get in later.  He was right this time.  It's starting to get upgrades from the brokerage houses so now seems like as good a time as any.  I'll probably add some more if the market dips.

I'm in KTB due to it being spun off from VFC. Yield was almost 7% at the time of the spinoff a few months back, but has slid down to 5.5% with the big run-up in price. Wrangler & Lee instead of Levi's
Wrangler and Levi's are consumer staples to me. Neither brand is going away in the next recession.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk
(10-25-2019, 09:43 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(10-24-2019, 02:44 PM)Otter Wrote:

Wrangler and Levi's are consumer staples to me.  Neither brand is going away in the next recession.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

Yes, but just like the former parent-entity VFC, even the companies owning those top-tier brands take big share price hits during recessions. I haven't made any purchases of VFC since February, 2017, when it was in the midst of a mini-crash. P/E in the mid-20s isn't where I'm looking to add.
Bought into Airbus.
Business is great and I have a feeling it'll only get better with Boeing screwing themselves up in so many ways.
Brexit and the workers unions in France and Germany bring a bit of risk into this one but I think it'll be a good bet in the long term.
I can’t even buy airbus lol. Is that air.be ?
(10-25-2019, 01:34 PM)stockguru Wrote: I can’t even buy airbus lol. Is that air.be ?

Ticker is EADSY in the U.S. Traded OTC/Pink sheets. Shares are listed in the Netherlands, so your dividends are subject to 15% withholding tax per the tax treaty between the U.S. and Netherlands.
(10-25-2019, 10:47 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Bought into Airbus.
Business is great and I have a feeling it'll only get better with Boeing screwing themselves up in so many ways.
Brexit and the workers unions in France and Germany bring a bit of risk into this one but I think it'll be a good bet in the long term.

For all the "screwing up," the stock never took a big enough hit to reach a price that I wanted to get in. This is another name I'd like in my stable, but just gonna have to wait until the next big "sequester" or something...
Added a bunch of more ENDO. I think pharma getting interesting and ready to breakout.

Watching JNJ carefully to add more before 127.