Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAPL, MSFT, ULVR
I want to add all of these to my portfolio but they're seeming to be getting expensive, especially AAPL and MSFT.

Any advice? Bite the bullet and buy or wait for the next buying opportunity..... if one arises that is.

What's top of everyone's list at the moment?
UL is up there on my list. Still not enough cash in my account to warrant a move. Will wait a bit more to rebuild my cash position.

Interesting move from MSFT in firing its ad staff. I dont follow it as closely - so I cant really comment on it.

Apple - I just initiated a position earlier this month and its gone up 12% since I bought. Even though Icahn says the stock is worth $200, I found that the stock is more worth close to $140. But with the market already at the top.....its hard to buy now.

Have you looked at energy stocks - theres still plenty of great value there...CVX had a fantastic earnings release this morning and the stock price movement has still been muted. Its trading at quite a discount.
(10-31-2014, 11:58 AM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: UL is up there on my list. Still not enough cash in my account to warrant a move. Will wait a bit more to rebuild my cash position.

Interesting move from MSFT in firing its ad staff. I dont follow it as closely - so I cant really comment on it.

Apple - I just initiated a position earlier this month and its gone up 12% since I bought. Even though Icahn says the stock is worth $200, I found that the stock is more worth close to $140. But with the market already at the top.....its hard to buy now.

Have you looked at energy stocks - theres still plenty of great value there...CVX had a fantastic earnings release this morning and the stock price movement has still been muted. Its trading at quite a discount.

Its frustrating when there were plenty of buy oppertunities just last week, now everything seems expensive just when I have $1000 to invest,

I already own XOM (Dividend investment) and GAZP (A risk I know but I like the future it has with China) I don't really want to be overweighing in energy.

Although I'm itching to buy I thi k I should hold off and wait for an oppertunity, lesson learnt from just pulling the trigger on other stocks for the sake of investing. (I Liked the stocks and history but was buying at sti0upid times)

IBM remains a possibility but I just see it as a dinosaur and know I won't like owning it.

T also a possibility if there are no other compelling buys around. It's yiled would put my money at work at least
Lewys, if you're not satisfied with the value of anything you're interested in, there's nothing wrong with holding cash until you are comfortable. I wouldn't have a problem with ULVR right here as long as the yield is over 3.6% on the LSE.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

3.61%
Looking at the candlesticks it looks slightly bearish going into Monday so will exacute a buy then
(10-31-2014, 11:52 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: Lewys, if you're not satisfied with the value of anything you're interested in, there's nothing wrong with holding cash until you are comfortable. I wouldn't have a problem with ULVR right here as long as the yield is over 3.6% on the LSE.
Now there is some good advice, just because you have cash doesnt mean you have to buy, patience, its a marathon, not a sprint.
(11-02-2014, 10:07 AM)Jimbo Wrote:
(10-31-2014, 11:52 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: Lewys, if you're not satisfied with the value of anything you're interested in, there's nothing wrong with holding cash until you are comfortable. I wouldn't have a problem with ULVR right here as long as the yield is over 3.6% on the LSE.
Now there is some good advice, just because you have cash doesnt mean you have to buy, patience, its a marathon, not a sprint.

Totally agree,

As my portfolio is small there are many compelling buys out there, I'm just trying to work out the best 'deal' I would have bough ULVR on Friday but it was up 2% then declined to up 1.5%. I'm going to execute a buy tomorrow at around 2500p a share.