Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey everybody, I'm a noob.
Hey all.

I just turned 42 yesterday.

I'm self-employed. I work in advertising as a designer/animator.

I'm married with 2 kids 7 and 4.

I've been investing in my retirement for 12 or 15 years via an IRA. The sum of those investments is not enough, but I'm glad it's something.

I'm taking control as much as I can and trying to learn as much as I can about the market, investing, analysis, personal finance, frugality etc.

I live a simple life. I drive a Toyota. My personal finance is in order. No credit cards, no HELOCs, no bullshit. Just a student loan at 4.125% and 12 years left on a 3.125% mortgage. Now that money is being freed up, I want to take advantage of my earning potential right now and maximize my investments while I can.

I just want to be able to survive my retirement. I don't need to be rich, I just need to eat, maybe travel a little, ride my bike, and leave as much as I can to my kids, help take care of my family if they need it. It's on me to start a family legacy. I grew up broke as hell. I can make a difference now.
Welcome simple is rich! Glad you found us and joined up. Sounds like you've got a level head on your shoulders and have the tools and temperament you'll need to meet your financial goals.
Welcome again and thanks for introducing yourself.

Enjoy those kids now because before you know it, they'll be gone. Then you'll look at those old picture on the refrigerator and wonder what happened. My baby comes home tomorrow for a month. I'm going to relish it.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(12-20-2014, 09:44 AM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: Welcome again and thanks for introducing yourself.

Enjoy those kids now because before you know it, they'll be gone. Then you'll look at those old picture on the refrigerator and wonder what happened. My baby comes home tomorrow for a month. I'm going to relish it.
You know it! I'm a lucky guy...my neighbor has kids coming in from Iowa, Mass. and Minn.this week. I've got a 30 min. drive from Houston to Kingwood to see my grand-daughter any time I want.
Welcome to the forums!
Welcome to the forum simple is rich. I'm fairly new to the forum as well.

M$$I