Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roadmap2Retire
Interesting setup, DW. I want to consolidate my sheets going forward as I have too many and everytime I make changes to my portfolio, I end up having to make changes in multiple places. This will probably be my focus on the administrative side for the next few weeks.

To answer your questions:
- Yes, I own the companies that have no shading (all companies listed here are my holdings). As you probably know that GE and T usually increase their dividends in December, so I expect to see a yellow box there, come December (hoping GE wont lose its streak)
- I would love to own/add more consumer staples but prices havent cooperated. So far, ADM is the only one which has done well for me. Looking forward to add more during the next recession.
Portfolio update - Final for 2015.

[Image: 2015-Annual-DG.png]
Just finished going through all the annual reports and 10-Ks to retrieve the geographical revenue details for all my holdings in 2015. As it stands, my current investments generate revenue from the following geographic regions. I am still a bit heavy on the home-bias front (Canada), but working slowly to reduce the bias over the course of years.

Read full post here >

[Image: Revenue-Divers-Changes.png]
(03-22-2016, 12:56 PM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: Just finished going through all the annual reports and 10-Ks to retrieve the geographical revenue details for all my holdings in 2015. As it stands, my current investments generate revenue from the following geographic regions. I am still a bit heavy on the home-bias front (Canada), but working slowly to reduce the bias over the course of years.
Are you reducing exposure to Canada through new investment or selective reinvestment?
(03-22-2016, 05:35 PM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(03-22-2016, 12:56 PM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: Just finished going through all the annual reports and 10-Ks to retrieve the geographical revenue details for all my holdings in 2015. As it stands, my current investments generate revenue from the following geographic regions. I am still a bit heavy on the home-bias front (Canada), but working slowly to reduce the bias over the course of years.
Are you reducing exposure to Canada through new investment or selective reinvestment?

A combination. I sold some ETFs that I held which were specifically invested in Canada. Also, in my wife's portfolio, we decided to bring down the Canadian ETF exposure by investing more in the international equities ETF.
(03-23-2016, 08:31 AM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote:
(03-22-2016, 05:35 PM)DividendGarden Wrote:

A combination. I sold some ETFs that I held which were specifically invested in Canada. Also, in my wife's portfolio, we decided to bring down the Canadian ETF exposure by investing more in the international equities ETF.

Good plan.  I don't look at my portfolio by region that often, so it's interesting to me to see it analyzed this way.  In general, I just buy companies in US and the UK, in general.  And Switzerland.  Not planned that way, it's just how it's turned out.
Q1 2016 update: Saw 7 purchases (including 3 ETFs) and 1 sale. Total dividend increase announcements: 13!! Smile

[Image: Q1-Update-Div-Growth.png]
Nice update, Roadmap. We should see a lot of dividend increases in April & May as annual meetings take place.
R2R, read on your blog about selling CCP. I've been contemplating the same thing but held on just for the fact it's such a small holding in my portfolio. I'm on the fence, "Do I invest or do I sell?" I'm holding onto the investment until I can come to a decision, if I cannot bring myself to allocating more dollars I will eventually divest the security. I'm going to have to sit down and really compare CCP vs. OHI since I also own both.

Good investing.
Thanks for sharing, rayray. I sat on the fence for a long time and took my time taking that decision. Eventually I decided to simply sell and take the profit, albeit small.

Best wishes
(04-18-2016, 08:51 AM)rayray Wrote: I've been contemplating the same thing but held on just for the fact it's such a small holding in my portfolio. I'm on the fence, "Do I invest or do I sell?"

I like to take a bunch of small investments like this.  I'll hold them forever and just see what happens.  I have no interest in adding to them, really.  Examples I have are FHCO, BRCD, RPXC, SOUHY, BAC, CART.
(04-18-2016, 10:03 AM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: Thanks for sharing, rayray. I sat on the fence for a long time and took my time taking that decision. Eventually I decided to simply sell and take the profit, albeit small.

Best wishes

I know what you mean, albeit, a different investment I did that with South32 fairly quickly and never looked back, even though I'm down through BHP Billiton. Still, in the long term I feel more confident with BHP Billiton as a diversified commodities supplier then South32 and will eventually add to bring it back up to a full position when the time is right for me.